United States Virginia change
Sri Lanka Breaking News
Sri Lanka parliament
vivalankaSri Lanka newsSri Lanka businessSri Lanka sportsSri Lanka technologySri Lanka travelSri Lanka videosSri Lanka eventssinhala newstamil newsSri Lanka business directory
vivalanka advertising
Stay Connected
Popular Searches
T20 World Cup
Sponsored Links
Sri Lanka Explorer

Govt acquires Shell

Oct 7, 2010 8:00:00 PM - aussieindolanka.com
The Government in a major move to close the chapter of privatizing State property in the country, yesterday decided to take over Shell Gas Lanka Limited and Shell Gas Terminal Limited costing US$ 63 million. The Colombo Gas Company was the first State entity which was privatized by the Government that came into power after 1994 and 51 percent of its stake is held by the Shell Gas Lanka Ltd while the State holds the rest of 49 percent shares.   Read more:www.dailynews.lk/2010/10/08/news01.asp