United States Virginia change
Sri Lanka Breaking News
Sri Lanka parliament
vivalankaSri Lanka newsSri Lanka businessSri Lanka sportsSri Lanka technologySri Lanka travelSri Lanka videosSri Lanka eventssinhala newstamil newsSri Lanka business directory
vivalanka advertising
Stay Connected
Popular Searches
T20 World Cup
Sponsored Links
Sri Lanka Explorer

SC man hospitalized after space heater blast

Dec 27, 2010 7:20:00 AM - thestate.com
Authorities say a 25-year-old Anderson County man was sent to the hospital after he was burned by an explosion started by a space heater.

The Anderson Independent-Mail reports that the explosion happened just before 6 a.m. in an apartment above an auto repair shop in West Pelzer. Firefighters arriving on the scene saw the roof of the apartment blown off and part of the building on fire.

Anderson County Fire Chief Billy Gibson says the man was using an outdoor propane space heater to heat the apartment. Gibson says a gas leak filled the apartment and ignited, causing the explosion.

The man's name has not been released. Much of the apartment and body shop below were damaged.

USA, South Carolina: (Latest Stories)