Family loses home in apartment fire
Dec 30, 2010 7:24:00 PM - thestate.com
A fire has displaced a family at a Columbia apartment building.
The fire Thursday morning at the Jamestowne Garden Apartments on Bethel Church Road was under control as of 8 a.m., acting Columbia-Richland Fire Department chief Aubrey Jenkins said.
The apartments residents were not home when the fire started, apparently in a heating unit in a first-floor apartment, Jenkins said. Neighbors called for firefighters around 7:33 a.m. and the fire was under control in about 30 minutes. However, it caused about $75,000 in damage to the apartment and to the floor of the unoccupied upstairs apartment.
No one was injured in the incident, he said.
USA, South Carolina: (Latest Stories)