A predawn electrical fire early this morning caused some $200,000 worth of damage to a Hardees in the north Columbia area.
There were three workers inside, but nobody was injured, said Columbia Fire Department Chief Aubrey Jenkins.
The fire at the Hardees on 5801 Fairfield Rd. started about 5:45 a.m.
Workers noticed a spark coming from an electrical outlet, as well as smoke coming out of the ceiling, Jenkins said. We believe the fire started around the biscuit oven, said Jenkins. There was apparently some sort of malfunction with the oven, he said.
More than two dozen firefighters responded to the blaze and had it out in 30 minutes, he said.