Former SC bus driver pleads no contest in crash
Feb 14, 2011 4:23:00 PM - thestate.com
A former Horry County school bus driver has been fined $155 for failing to yield the right-of-way in a crash that killed a high school student on a motorcycle.
Prosecutors say 78-year-old Michael Joseph Burns pleaded no contest last week as part of a plea deal.
Burns' attorney Gene Vaught says the negotiations began shortly after a jury couldn't come to a verdict during a trial last year.
Vaught says Burns realized subsequent juries might never come to a verdict in the case and decided to enter his plea.
Burns testified at that trial he was not responsible for the crash in Myrtle Beach in November 2009.
USA, South Carolina: (Latest Stories)