A 11-year-old child has died after drinking expired soft drinks. This unfortunate incident was reported from Polonnaruwa.
Her mother has been hospitalized. They had developed adverse reactions after consuming chocolate and a soft drink. Last night the Father who works in the Army had bought chocolates and a soft drink from a shop on his way back home. Once at home he had given it to the wife and eldest child who was up. He had left some for the other two children who were asleep. Five minutes after eating chocolate the child had started vomiting and when the father brought a trishaw back home to take the child to the hospital he had found that the wife too had collapsed.
They had been admitted to the Polonnaruwa Hospital. The child had died on the way to the hospital. The mother is in a critical condition. It has been revealed that the soft drink had expired.