Three boys who fell sick after consuming a bottle of soft drink were admitted to the Anuradhapura Teaching Hospital.
The children aged 4, 7 and 10 years are reported to be related. They had consumed the bottle of soft drink brought by their father from Vavuniya, last afternoon. Thereafter they had experienced headache and faintness. They were admitted to the Rambawa hospital and from there transferred to the Anuradhapura Teaching Hospital. A hospital spokesman said that first aid was administered to the children who were admitted to the hospital last evening. Director of the hospital Dr. W.M.T.V. Wijekoon said that their condition is not serious. The expiry date of the bottle manufactured by a private company was mentioned as 26th January 2011. A 9 year old child was also killed earlier following consumption of a bottle of soft drink.