An investigation is to be launched with regard to the standard of the hostel building at the Sabaragamuva University that was connected with the death of a student.
A student named E.T. Udayanga who was studying in the applied science faculty of the University was electrocuted while answering a phone call from the upper floor that was under construction. The student was electrocuted by a high tension wire with a capacity of 11,000 watts. The building had been obtained from the private sector on rent. Investigations are underway with regard to the development work being carried out close to a high tension wire.