Lexington County house fire sends two to hospital
Mar 15, 2011 9:30:00 PM - thestate.com
A child playing with a cigarette lighter led to a late afternoon house fire Tuesday in the Pine Grove community of Lexington County, fire officials said.
When firefighters arrived at the house on the 100 block of Monte Circle, they found an upstairs bedroom in flames. Even though everyone at home at the time of the fire got out, two people were taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation: a child who lived at the house and a neighbor who responded to cries for help.
It took firefighters about 10 minutes to put out the blaze, which caused an estimated $20,000 of damage, fire officials said.
USA, South Carolina: (Latest Stories)