Officials don't know what sparked Winthrop fire
Apr 21, 2010 6:56:00 AM - thestate.com
Fire investigators say they don't know what sparked a fire last month at a South Carolina college.
The Herald of Rock Hill reported Wednesday investigators have concluded their investigation without being able to figure out what started the March 6 fire at Winthrop University.
Rock Hill fire Capt. Otis Driggers says investigators have nothing left to investigate in the fire at Owens Hall, which opened in 2007. He says fires sometimes cause so much damage it's impossible to determine how they started.
No one was hurt in the fire in the three-story classroom building.
Winthrop officials say it will take about $4.5 million to restore the building, including new furniture and new wiring.
USA, South Carolina: (Latest Stories)