United States Virginia change
Sri Lanka Breaking News
Sri Lanka parliament
vivalankaSri Lanka newsSri Lanka businessSri Lanka sportsSri Lanka technologySri Lanka travelSri Lanka videosSri Lanka eventssinhala newstamil newsSri Lanka business directory
vivalanka advertising
Stay Connected
Popular Searches
T20 World Cup
Sponsored Links
Sri Lanka Explorer

Code enforcement study identifies Columbia’s problem areas

Jun 2, 2010 7:42:00 AM - thestate.com
How does your neighborhood rank? A searchable database follows this story.

Columbia’s two-year study of its housing stock shows that 89 percent of the city’s homes are in good condition, but the remaining 11 percent tend to cluster in 16 neighborhoods that need special attention.

Those 16 neighborhoods are mostly in the city’s north region, where more than half of the residents are renters, according to the latest census information.

City code enforcers will begin spending more time in those neighborhoods to put pressure on property owners to clean up or repair their houses. But some neighborhood leaders are torn over the report, wanting their neighborhoods repaired but struggling with acknowledging that their neighborhoods are run-down.

USA, South Carolina: (Latest Stories)