Fire damages Lexington home, kills 5 pets
Mar 26, 2010 3:08:00 PM - thestate.com
A Friday morning fire caused about $30,000 in damages to a Lexington County home and killed several family pets.
A neighbor noticed smoke coming from the house around 10:15 a.m. and called 911. Firefighters arrived to find the kitchen on fire.
The fire started in the kitchen, most likely from the stove, said Lexington County Fire Services Battalion Chief Thomas Emasie.
No people were at home, and no person was injured by the fire. However, three cats and two dogs died from smoke inhalation, Emasie said.
USA, South Carolina: (Latest Stories)