In the first case, New Ganesha Stores on the Gampola-Nuwara Eliya road had caught on fire, prompting the Gampola Police to call on The Kandy Fire Brigade and officials from the Electricity Board to help put out the blaze.
No deaths or injuries were reported from the fire, but a Police reported that a number of items for sale in the store had been lost in the fire.
A total assessment of the loss is yet to be conducted and an on-site electric engineer had put down the cause of the blaze to being that of an electric malfunction.
Meanwhile, ” New Fashion City Stores ” on the Gampola – Ambagamuwa route also caught fire, and the Gampola Police had called on the Kandy Fire Brigade and official from the Electricity Board to assist in containing the blaze.
The electric engineer on-site had put down the cause of the blaze to be that of an electric malfunction.
No injuries or deaths were reported, and an assessment of the total damage of the property is to be conducted.