The Institute of Internal Auditors of Sri Lanka (IIA Sri Lanka) elected Ashane Jayasekara, Partner of BDO Partners, as the President of the institute at the Annual General Meeting held recently.
Jayasekara, who heads Risk Advisory and Information Systems (IS) Assurance Services at BDO, is an IT Graduate of the London Metropolitan University, an Associate Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants [UK].
He holds a Masters Degree in Business Administration from the University of Southern Queensland. He is a Certified Internal Auditor, a Certified Information Systems Auditor and a Certified Financial Services Auditor. He is also an Associate of the Chartered Institute of Marketing [Dip M – UK].
Established in 1941, the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) is an international professional association with global headquarters in Altamonte Springs, Florida, USA. The IIA is the internal audit profession’s global voice, recognised authority, acknowledged leader, chief advocate, and principal educator. The IIA is a dynamic global organisation with more than 175,000 members worldwide in over 165 countries.
IIA Sri Lanka Board of Governors – 2012/13
- President: Ashane Jayasekara – Partner – BDO Partners
- Vice President: Mano Thilakawardena – Director/Lead Consultant – TOGS Associates
- Vice President: Mukhlis Ismail – Head of Group Business Process Review – John Keells Holdings PLC
- Secretary: Reshma Azeez – Asst Manager – Risk Advisory – BDO Partners
- Asst Secretary: Indika Rajakaruna – Manager – Internal Audit – NDB Bank PLC
- Treasurer: Aloka Kasthuriarachchi – Manager – Processes & Finance – Union Assurance PLC
- Asst Treasurer: Sameera Kaumudi – Manager – Internal Audit – Softlogic Holdings PLC
M. Sufiyan – Chief Accountant – Central Bank of Sri Lanka
Nimal Gunawardene – Director – Management Audit – Central Bank of Sri Lanka
Dharshana De Silva – CAE – Prima Group of Companies
Naayila Marikkar – Partner – BR De Silva & Co.
- Executive Committee
Bandularathne – Chief Internal Auditor – Sri Lanka Telecom
Tivanka Jayasinghe – Director – Internal Audit – PricewaterhouseCoopers
Romesh Niles – Manager – Risk & Control – MAS Holdings
Prasad Polwatte – Head of Internal Audit – Sampath Bank PLC
Maniccarajah – Manager – Audit – Kreston MNS & Co